Unfortunately, registration via the natury calendar of naktivities was exceptionally not possible this year.
Kunsthal informs you in short on “SAT 6 JUN 18:30-22:00 We Are Anmals Naked Tour“ (kunsthal.nl) about the exhibition's concept and the “Naked Tour“. When you click the button “BOOK YOUR TICKET HERE!“ at the end of the page, Kunsthal's online booking system informs you:
“Sorry, there are no more online tickets for the selected date. Please choose another day.“
Read more: “WE ARE ANIMALS FEB. 5, 2021 – OCT. 24, 2021“ (kunsthal.nl)
You can find information about the Corona rules at Kunsthal in Dutch and English on Kunsthal's website.
Due to standard Corona measures (mouth-nose protection, time slot, and limited number of participants), we ask you this year to arrange your own visit to Kunsthal via online ticket sales. Kunsthal does not require prior testing, however, for a stay of longer than 12 hours in the Netherlands after entering from Germany, a negative test is mandatory according to current information (15 June 2021). As soon as a normal visit will be possible again in the context of Corona, we will gladly arrange the initiative for a visit and, if necessary, a German dubbed translation of the guided tour for you.
The natury website was unavailable several times during the last few days with outages ranging from a few minutes to almost 2 hours. We apologise for these instabilities. The cause was heavy server load by so-called bots (“robots“), i.e. software-controlled users of the website. We are still in the process of clarifying exactly, which bots were the cause, in order to be able to avoid future disruptions. As soon as we have clear results, we will report. In the meantime, we ask for your understanding and, if necessary, your patience!
With the move to a new server, the individual language versions of the natury website have also their own URLs: natury.info (EN), natury.nl (NL) and natury.fr (FR) are now set up alongside natury.de (DE) in an independent installation. The move has – of course – caused some tidying up, and we apologise for any small inconvenience this may have caused! We are working diligently to ensure, that everything runs smoothly again soon…
In particular, URLs have been simplified:
- https://natury.de/de/ … → https://natury.de/ …
- https://natury.de/uk/ … → https://natury.info/ …
- https://natury.de/nl/ … → https://natury.nl/ …
- https://natury.de/fr/ … → https://natury.fr/ …
- https://natury.de/index.php/de/ … → https://natury.de/ …
- https://natury.de/index.php/uk/ … → https://natury.info/ …
- https://natury.de/index.php/nl/ … → https://natury.nl/ …
- https://natury.de/index.php/fr/ … → https://natury.fr/ …
Also, we have switch from long so-called relative to shorter direct URLs. Examples:
- https://natury.de/index.php/de/uk/reports/by-date/2019 → https://natury.info/reports-2019
- https://natury.de/index.php/de/uk/reports/by-date/2019/2019-11-03-sierra-natura (or something like that, but even longer) → https://natury.info/sierra-natura-newt-richard-foley
In spring 2019, more than 100,000 people joined efforts in a petition at change.org to fight “poison named ‘Karate Forst flüssig’ [en: ‘Karate Forest liquid’] to be sprayed in Brandenburg's forests“ – contrary to plans of the Ministry of Forestry in Potsdam. The petition was successful: The Higher Administrative Court banned the spraying due to a law suit by NABU Brandenburg. [en.wikipedia.org: The Naturschutzbund Deutschland e.V. ("Nature and Biodiversity Conservation Union") or NABU is a German non-governmental organisation (NGO) dedicated to conservation at home and abroad, including the protection of rivers, forests and individual species of animals.]
Our citizens' action now has a monument: the “Stone of 100,000“ commemorates 100,976 signatories of the successful petition!
Image: deep link to change.org
Read more: “NEUIGKEIT ZUR PETITION: Stein der 100.000“ (change.org).
This map Borkwalde, Siebenbrüderweg shows, where the “Stone of 100,000“ is located.
E · Nude pilgrim and streaker during Europe League football match in Granada with Manchester United [10 April 2021]
Bernd informed us about an article in Austrian newspaper Kronen Zeitung: “LOKALE BERÜHMTHEIT: Nackter Flitzer regt bei Granada gegen ManUtd auf!” (krone.at). Many thanks for that!
He had insulted two nude cyclists, who were on the road as part of the annual World Naked Bike Ride (WNBR), in a very nasty way. The cyclists had recorded his rant on video and filed a complaint to the police.
This verdict is remarkable in a country, where a man like Stephen Gough already had to spend more than ten years in prison, just because he hiked in the nude.
“Man who hurled abuse at Clacton naked cyclists hit with fine”
Comment by Bernard, UK
- The prosecution was under the Public Order Act because current hate crime legislation focuses on ethnic, religious, gender and disability only.
- The two perpetrators pled guilty at the last moment, so there was no discussion of the issues in court. One was fined £150 and each paid £50 costs, but at least they got criminal records.
- Some comments posted by readers to the newspaper's site were so filled with further hate that some BN*) members have made formal complaints to the newspaper's editor, and they have all been removed.
- At the time of the ride in 2019, Clacton Council whipped up feeling against WNBR.
*) “BN” is short for organisation “British Naturists”.
D · Bergisches Land: hiking in the buff at Wupper River [14 june 2021]
On a sunny Sunday in June, two nude hikers chose Bergisches Land as their destination. This time, they opted for a 16 km route about 5 km away from Wuppertal-Elberfeld in a wooded area on both sides of Wupper River. A cumulative 640 metres of altitude testify to the fact, that Berg...